Safety Measures for a Safe and Satisfied Diwali
Diwali is an ancient festival celebrated in India to enjoy the victory of lights. New Clothes, Sweets, Crackers are adding beauty to the festival. People used to buy crackers and burst it during night time with fun for all the five days of Diwali. Diwali brings an incomparable smile on every face. Good and bad always join hands in any action. Similarly, Diwali is equally good as that of bad. It totally depends on ourselves to make the situation to be good or bad. Diwali isn’t about only the happiness of celebration but there are risks too. Many people tend to forget the dangers that may be possible to occur. Here is a short note on the safety and security rules to be followed during Diwali. Stay safe and be happy.
Is it due to the carelessness of the people?
Yes, it is because many people enjoy the function, but they forget the real risks which are hidden under it.
Safety is an important criterion when it comes to any act. Whatever action we engage may be, the safety and security are merely important. One such an occasion where safety is an ultimate need is Diwali. Diwali is a traditional festival which brings live to colors. There will be sparkling colors all around during Diwali. Everybody in a family will participate in the event of Diwali. Diwali brings unity and happiness within a family. The most enjoying people are the kids who roam around with crackers here and there. So, it’s really necessary to know about the safety measures and react according to it.
Diwali Compulsories – Do’s
Here are some of the must do safety measures that will guide you to celebrate a safe Diwali.
- Buy new clothes, share sweets with your neighbors, family and friends happily. This will strengthen your deep relationship with your surroundings.
- Buy crackers how much ever you want but they should be got from a good licensed shop. Be sure to check whether the shops have licensed or not.
- The crackers should be kept in a place away from water usage areas like the kitchen. If water splashes then that will make it unfit to use.
- Make sure that you display the fireworks such that specified by the manufacturer on the box.
- The crackers should be kept in a space away from preteens.
- On the day of Diwali, wear cotton clothing which is thick enough and also foot wears. This they because it will not get fired soon.
- Quality products should be used by us at any cause. So, buy the fireworks from authorized dealers or you may directly approach the manufacturers for purchase.
- While igniting the crackers, have in mind that the matches, incense sticks or sparklers should be kept two to three feet away from your face and body.
- As soon as crackers are ignited, you should get a few meters away from it so that the sparks of fire will not harm your eyes or body.
- Don’t let any of your family children to light the fireworks by their own. Supervise them to avoid accidents.
- You can wear any eye glasses in order to protect yourself from fire sparks.
- It is advisable to use only an Agarbathi to light the firework.
- While burning some fireworks, the others should be surely kept closed in a closed box so that if any tiny spark hits it may cause a great disaster.
- One firework at a time is quite sufficient since it may lead to fire accidents.
- Importantly, all the enjoyment of celebration should happen in an open space like an open ground since in a crowd or congested places there are possibilities for the crackers to get into homes thereby causing major fire accidents.
Diwali Prohibitions – Don’ts
- Never try to light the cracker while keeping it in your hand. It may cause serious health injury.
- Don’t roam around without shoes or slippers. There are chances for you to step on to any burnt piece of hot firework.
- Carrying firecrackers in your pockets or in hand is highly dangerous and should be avoided.
- Avoid wearing loose outfits in order to have comfort and convenience.
- Never play with fireworks and don’t try to throw it on anyone for fun also.
- Metals as well as glass containers should not be used for shooting any cracker.
- Don’t try to take the burnt crackers from down since there are chances of them being hot.
- Cigarette smoking is injurious to health and dangerous to other also. Particularly, Smoking nearby crackers is very bad and should not be done.
- Half ignited crackers should be left as such. You should not take it light it again for the other half.
- Fireworks are really very dangerous to small babies and toddlers. Make them stay away from the place of bursting.
- Make sure you light your flying objects like rockets away from houses since it may destroy houses.
- Bursting of crackers is highly prohibited late night and you shouldn’t attempt to do it.
- Wash your hands after bursting all the crackers for the day with sanitizer.
- Don’t keep the fireworks closer to you while bursting.
Diwali – The festival of colorful lights
The above mentioned points are the most important and the mandatory safety rules to be followed by every person who is involved in Diwali celebration. Diwali is a day of celebration and unity. Try to avoid unnecessary mistakes to keep away from life destroying dangers. Follow the rules and regulations to keep you and your family safe year after year. Hope you abide by the rules to have a happy Diwali. Have a secure Diwali this year with lots of fun and enjoyment. Happy Diwali wishes from Fireworks Store India.
Author of Safety Rules to Follow on Diwali: Rajkumar Kanagaraj Google+