Safety Measures for a Safe and Satisfied Diwali
Diwali is an ancient festival of India celebrated to signify the victory of lights. New Clothes, Sweets, Crackers are the major elements adding beauty to this festival. During Diwali time, people wear new clothes and present the home made sweets to Gods. After finishing with all the Pooja in the morning, they indulge themselves in bursting crackers with fun & laughter. This indirectly interprets that Diwali brings an unconditional & beautiful smile on every face. Every action has its good and bad reactions. Diwali is not an exception in that case. It totally depends on actions which can transform the situation into good or bad. Diwali isn’t only about the happiness of the celebration but there are few risks too. Many people tend to forget the dangers that may be possible to occur. Here is a short note on the safety rules to be followed during Diwali. Have a glance and follow to stay safe and be happy.
Do all the fire accidents during Diwali happen due to the carelessness of the people?
Yes, it is because many people try to enjoy the function and in that mood, they are actually forgetting the real risks that are lying around.
Safety is an important to be considered in a case of any act. Whatever action we engage in, the safety and security are merely vital. One such occasion where safety plays a major role is Diwali. Diwali is a traditional festival which brings life to colors and lights. There will be sparkling colors all around during Diwali. Everybody in a family will participate in the event of Diwali and it stands to be the secret reason behind a family’s unity. Most people who are very interested in bursting crackers will be roaming here and there with crackers. So, it’s our prior duty to know about the safety measures and react according to it.
Diwali Compulsories – Do’s
Here are some of the must follow safety measures which will definitely guide you in celebrating Diwali with safety.
- Buy new clothes, share sweets with your neighbors, family and friends happily. This will strengthen your deep relationship with your surroundings.
- Buy crackers how much ever you want but they should be got from a good licensed shop. Be sure to check whether the shops have licensed or not.
- The crackers should be kept in a place away from water usage areas like the kitchen. If water splashes then that will make it unfit to use.
- Make sure that you display the fireworks such that specified by the manufacturer on the box.
- Even the crackers should be kept in a space away from preteens
- On the day of Diwali, it’s mandatory to wear cotton clothing which is thick enough and also foot wears. By doing this, you can get rid of unnecessary injuries.
- Quality products should be used by us for any cause. So, buy the fireworks from authorized dealers or you may directly approach the manufacturers for purchase.
- While igniting the crackers, have in mind that the matches, incense sticks or sparklers should be kept two to three feet away from your face and body.
- As soon as crackers are ignited, you should get a few meters away from it so that the sparks of fire will not harm your eyes or body.
- Don’t let any of your family children to light the fireworks by their own. Supervise them to avoid accidents.
- You can wear any eye glass in order to protect yourself from fire sparks.
- It is advisable to use only an Agarbathi to light the firework during Diwali.
- While burning some fireworks, the others should be surely kept closed in a closed box so that even if any tiny spark hits it may not lead to a great disaster.
- One firework at a time is quite sufficient since it is a necessary factor.
- Importantly, all the celebration joyousness should happen in an open space like an open ground. This is because; in a crowd or congested place there are possibilities for the crackers to get into homes thereby causing major fire accidents.
Diwali Prohibitions – Don’ts
- Never try to light the cracker while keeping it in your hand. It may cause serious health injury.
- Don’t wander around without shoes or slippers during burst times. There are chances for you to step on any burnt piece of the hot firework.
- Carrying firecrackers in your pockets or in hand is highly dangerous and hence should be avoided.
- Avoid wearing loose outfits in order to have comfort and convenience.
- Never play with fireworks and don’t try to throw it on anyone for fun also.
- Metals as well as glass containers should not be used for shooting any cracker.
- Don’t try to take the burnt crackers from down since there are chances of them being hot even after few minutes of bursting.
- Cigarette smoking is injurious to health and dangerous to surrounding. Particularly, Smoking nearby crackers is very bad and should not be done.
- Half ignited crackers should be left as such. You should not take it and light it again considering the other half.
- Fireworks are really very dangerous to small babies and toddlers. Make them stay away from the place of bursting.
- Make sure you light your flying firecrackers like rockets away from houses since it may even destroy houses.
- Bursting of crackers is highly prohibited late night and you shouldn’t attempt to do it.
- Wash your hands after bursting all the crackers for the day with sanitizer. This will make your hands get free from poisonous chemicals.
- Don’t keep the fireworks closer to you while bursting.
Celebrate the Festival of Lights with Safety!
The points which we came through so far are the most important and the mandatory safety rules to be followed by every individual who is going to participate in Diwali celebration. Diwali is a day of celebration and togetherness. Try to avoid unnecessary mistakes to keep away from life destroying dangers. Follow the rules and regulations to keep you and your family safe year after year. I Hope you understood all the measures and will abide by the rules to have a happy Diwali. Wish you all to have a safe and sound Diwali this year with lots of fun and enjoyment. Happy Diwali wishes from Fireworks Store India!
Author of Safety Rules to Follow on Diwali: Rajkumar Kanagaraj Google+